Wednesday, October 3, 2012

the great escape..

i always considered myself a woman who practiced what i preached, though sadly over the past few years i allowed my working life to become..well how can i say this...f**king stale!
i am usually one of the first to tell people to follow their dreams and surround themselves by things that make them happy, it's one of the great things my wise mother drilled into me over the years, that i naively thought had stuck. needless to say, it well and truly struck a chord when i realised that i was so far from possessing the very quality i myself tried to instil in all those around me.

since may this year when my dream wedding became a reality, i realized my passion and talent lies in styling. it's always been more of a hobby than anything until now. i have always questioned my ability even though deep down knowing i had an eye for it.
i am proud to announce that i am well and truly in the process of starting a business in event/wedding styling. (cue applause) 
though it is yet to be launched (stay tuned peeps, it's not far away) i decided that it was necessary to submerge myself in a more creative role during the day and not just save this as a guilty pleasure for after hours. *the plan was to make up for lost time.

so i finally did it, today is my last day in my old role- somewhere i have outgrown. though i appreciate everything i have learned and the friendships i have made, it's my time to escape. escape to somewhere i can let my creative juices flow in a constant stream and challenge myself yet again
i encourage you all to do the same.
x C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...